how to backup catalogs and how import them - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on how to backup catalogs and how import them - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi NG, in the moment i'm using 8.6 on a windows system. How can i save all the informations about the tapes that i used etc? And than how can i import this information to a new installed windows system ...

  1. how to backup catalogs and how import them

    Hi NG,

    in the moment i'm using 8.6 on a windows system.
    How can i save all the informations about the tapes that i used etc?

    And than how can i import this information to a new installed windows system
    with 9.1?

    There is no change to update the system. That is my problem.

    Regards

    Dennis Wehmeier

  2. Re: how to backup catalogs and how import them

    hi
    try to copy the catalogs from the caltalog folder of 8.6 to 9.0 but u may
    have to run inventory on the tapes using 9.0

    "Dennis Wehmeier" wrote:
    >Hi NG,
    >
    >in the moment i'm using 8.6 on a windows system.
    >How can i save all the informations about the tapes that i used etc?
    >
    >And than how can i import this information to a new installed windows system
    >with 9.1?
    >
    >There is no change to update the system. That is my problem.
    >
    >Regards
    >
    >Dennis Wehmeier

+ Reply to Thread