Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I have recently installed the SQL Server Agent option onto BE9.0. Installation went fine but I am unable to see any sql server resources on the network when I am attempting to back them up. I can browse all ...

  1. Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0

    Hello,

    I have recently installed the SQL Server Agent option onto BE9.0. Installation
    went fine but I am unable to see any sql server resources on the network
    when I am attempting to back them up. I can browse all the other servers
    on the network (remote agent is installed) and can select all other resources
    but I cannot see any remote sql server instances during backup job selection.
    I can see the remote sql server instances using MS SQL client utiliities
    (which is also installed on the media server) so i know that BE should be
    able to see them. Can anyone help?

    thanks,

    Rob

  2. Re: Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0

    From Tools/Options/SQL

    verify that "Enable SQL support is checked"

    "Rob Pak" wrote in message news:3ff0927e@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently installed the SQL Server Agent option onto BE9.0.

    Installation
    > went fine but I am unable to see any sql server resources on the network
    > when I am attempting to back them up. I can browse all the other servers
    > on the network (remote agent is installed) and can select all other

    resources
    > but I cannot see any remote sql server instances during backup job

    selection.
    > I can see the remote sql server instances using MS SQL client utiliities
    > (which is also installed on the media server) so i know that BE should be
    > able to see them. Can anyone help?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Rob

  3. Re: Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0

    Also, verify that BEWS thinks the license is properly installed. Do
    "Help/About" from the GUI to see the licences that are recognized.

    "Rob Pak" wrote in message news:3ff0927e@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently installed the SQL Server Agent option onto BE9.0.

    Installation
    > went fine but I am unable to see any sql server resources on the network
    > when I am attempting to back them up. I can browse all the other servers
    > on the network (remote agent is installed) and can select all other

    resources
    > but I cannot see any remote sql server instances during backup job

    selection.
    > I can see the remote sql server instances using MS SQL client utiliities
    > (which is also installed on the media server) so i know that BE should be
    > able to see them. Can anyone help?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Rob

  4. Re: Cannot see any SQL Server resources using BE 9.0

    Hello,

    Confirm the following steps were followed :
    1. Check whether the Agent for SQL server is installed on the Media Server.
    2. Check whether the RAWS is pushed in to the SQL server.
    3. Check the Serial Number for SQL server agent is added on BE9.0 media
    server.

    If these steps were already done and still not happeneing, please try to
    uninstall and reinstall the agents.

    Harish

+ Reply to Thread