BE 9.0 remote agent install failure - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 9.0 remote agent install failure - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was unable to do a remote install, so I had to manually install the remote agent on the destination PC. No matter what I try I get "RPC Server Unavailable". Both machines running Windows XP SP1a in a WORKGROUP ...

  1. BE 9.0 remote agent install failure

    I was unable to do a remote install, so I had to manually install the remote
    agent on the destination PC. No matter what I try I get "RPC Server Unavailable".
    Both machines running Windows XP SP1a in a WORKGROUP (not a DOMAIN) and
    have no problems communicating with each other using Windows file sharing,
    etc.

    I read all the FAQs, documentation, newsgroups, and can't figure out what
    is going on. I did verify that DCOM and RPC services are started. Any ideas?

    Regards,
    -Tom

  2. Re: BE 9.0 remote agent install failure

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/255826.htm

    "Thomas Brown" wrote in message

    > I was unable to do a remote install, so I had to manually install the

    remote
    > agent on the destination PC. No matter what I try I get "RPC Server

    Unavailable".
    > Both machines running Windows XP SP1a in a WORKGROUP (not a DOMAIN) and
    > have no problems communicating with each other using Windows file sharing,
    > etc.
    >
    > I read all the FAQs, documentation, newsgroups, and can't figure out what
    > is going on. I did verify that DCOM and RPC services are started. Any

    ideas?

    > Regards,
    > -Tom

  3. Re: BE 9.0 remote agent install failure

    remote install gives problems if the account you are using to intall has
    a blank password

    "Thomas Brown" wrote:

    >I was unable to do a remote install, so I had to manually install the remote
    >agent on the destination PC. No matter what I try I get "RPC Server Unavailable".
    > Both machines running Windows XP SP1a in a WORKGROUP (not a DOMAIN) and
    >have no problems communicating with each other using Windows file sharing,
    >etc.
    >
    >I read all the FAQs, documentation, newsgroups, and can't figure out what
    >is going on. I did verify that DCOM and RPC services are started. Any

    ideas?

    >Regards,
    >-Tom

+ Reply to Thread