Access denied while restoring - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied while restoring - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, We are backing up (full)Exchange 2000 daily using Veritas. We have never tested a restore. My task is to do just that for the company. We would like to simulate a worst case scenario in which the Exchange server ...

  1. Access denied while restoring

    Hello,

    We are backing up (full)Exchange 2000 daily using Veritas.
    We have never tested a restore. My task is to do just that
    for the company. We would like to simulate a worst case
    scenario in which the Exchange server is completely
    destroyed. So a full server recovery scenario is the order
    of the day here.
    Let me explain our setup:
    All our servers are running Windows 2000 sp4 and we have 1
    Exchange server with sp3 (member server). We have 2 DC one
    of them is in Montreal and the other is in Los Angeles. We
    have high speed links between these sites. The Exchange
    server is a clean install as our other servers are.
    We have 1 test server for the Exchange database restore. It is ready for
    a restore.
    The test server is on the same subnet as my production srvers and there is
    no Veritas agent installed on it (test server). Do i need to install the
    agent for a successful restore? Also the test Exchange server is on the same
    subnet as my production servers but it is in a different forest. Do i need
    to create a trust relationship? I get an access denied when doing a restore.

    Please help,

    Alexis Crawford

  2. Re: Access denied while restoring

    hi Alexis

    Backupexec should have permissions on other computers and resources to perform
    backup and restore.It must be part of the Administrators group and (if part
    of a domain), the Domain Admins group.
    RANT should be installed on the destination server.Also check this

    with regards
    jon

    "Alexis Crawford" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >We are backing up (full)Exchange 2000 daily using Veritas.
    >We have never tested a restore. My task is to do just that
    >for the company. We would like to simulate a worst case
    >scenario in which the Exchange server is completely
    >destroyed. So a full server recovery scenario is the order
    >of the day here.
    >Let me explain our setup:
    >All our servers are running Windows 2000 sp4 and we have 1
    >Exchange server with sp3 (member server). We have 2 DC one
    >of them is in Montreal and the other is in Los Angeles. We
    >have high speed links between these sites. The Exchange
    >server is a clean install as our other servers are.
    >We have 1 test server for the Exchange database restore. It is ready for
    >a restore.
    >The test server is on the same subnet as my production srvers and there

    is
    >no Veritas agent installed on it (test server). Do i need to install the
    >agent for a successful restore? Also the test Exchange server is on the

    same
    >subnet as my production servers but it is in a different forest. Do i need
    >to create a trust relationship? I get an access denied when doing a restore.
    >
    >Please help,
    >
    >Alexis Crawford

+ Reply to Thread