Failure to restore Shadow?Copy?Components for w2003 server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Failure to restore Shadow?Copy?Components for w2003 server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am using veritas 9.0 and attempting to do a full restore from tape of a windows server 2003 domain server.The backup reported to being totally sucessfull. I have followed the instructions in the manual about being in the active ...

  1. Failure to restore Shadow?Copy?Components for w2003 server

    I am using veritas 9.0 and attempting to do a full restore from tape of a
    windows server 2003 domain server.The backup reported to being totally sucessfull.
    I have followed the instructions in the manual about being in the active
    directory recovery safe mode but I am still getting failures.
    This is not accross a network but just the server with a local tape drive
    so it can't be any permition problems.
    The failures from the log file look like this:
    "Shadow Copy Writer Shadow?Copy?Components\System?State\Internet Information
    Services A failure occurred writing an object. "
    Can anyone offer me any help or advice with this please?

  2. Re: Failure to restore Shadow?Copy?Components for w2003 server

    Hi ,

    Following are the Restoration steps
    recover the windows2003 first
    do not join to domain, let it be in wrkgroup
    do not install active directory.

    Now check in all the needed settings in the restoration properties, before
    starting the restoration of the system state. once this is done, it will
    prompt for restarting the system , and once restarted, lo!!! your Domain
    controller is back up & running !!!

    All the best

    Sethu Mohan

    "EFor" wrote:

    >I am using veritas 9.0 and attempting to do a full restore from tape of

    >windows server 2003 domain server.The backup reported to being totally sucessfull.
    >I have followed the instructions in the manual about being in the active
    >directory recovery safe mode but I am still getting failures.
    >This is not accross a network but just the server with a local tape drive
    >so it can't be any permition problems.
    >The failures from the log file look like this:
    >"Shadow Copy Writer Shadow?Copy?Components\System?State\Internet Information
    >Services A failure occurred writing an object. "
    >Can anyone offer me any help or advice with this please?

  3. Re: Failure to restore Shadow?Copy?Components for w2003 server

    Thank you very much for your help that's worked and made my boss happy and
    me a lot less stressed )

    Thanks
    Em

    "Sethu Mohan" wrote:

    >Hi ,
    >
    >Following are the Restoration steps
    >recover the windows2003 first
    >do not join to domain, let it be in wrkgroup
    >do not install active directory.
    >
    >Now check in all the needed settings in the restoration properties, before
    >starting the restoration of the system state. once this is done, it will
    >prompt for restarting the system , and once restarted, lo!!! your Domain
    >controller is back up & running !!!
    >
    >All the best
    >
    >Sethu Mohan
    >

    >"EFor" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am using veritas 9.0 and attempting to do a full restore from tape of

    >>windows server 2003 domain server.The backup reported to being totally

    sucessfull.
    >>I have followed the instructions in the manual about being in the active
    >>directory recovery safe mode but I am still getting failures.
    >>This is not accross a network but just the server with a local tape drive
    >>so it can't be any permition problems.
    >>The failures from the log file look like this:
    >>"Shadow Copy Writer Shadow?Copy?Components\System?State\Internet Information
    >>Services A failure occurred writing an object. "
    >>Can anyone offer me any help or advice with this please?

+ Reply to Thread