BackupExec on new server, but old tapes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackupExec on new server, but old tapes - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, we installed a new Server (9.0) on a new machine (win 2003). How can I import the old labels (from the old server). Or even better, how can I get the complete configuration? Thanks in advance jlg...

  1. BackupExec on new server, but old tapes

    Hello,

    we installed a new Server (9.0) on a new machine (win 2003). How can I import
    the old labels (from the old server). Or even better, how can I get the complete
    configuration?

    Thanks in advance
    jlg

  2. Re: BackupExec on new server, but old tapes

    Hi Jason,

    Copy the following to the respective locations on the new server from old
    Directory of installation/veritas/backup exec/nt/data
    Directory of installation/veritas/backup exec/nt/catalog
    Directory of installation/veritas/backup exec/nt/pvl.mdb

    Thats it,

    any confusions, mail me bac,

    all the best

    Sethu Mohan

    "jlg" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >we installed a new Server (9.0) on a new machine (win 2003). How can I import
    >the old labels (from the old server). Or even better, how can I get the

    complete
    >configuration?
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >jlg