Exchange Mail box Restore + backup exec 9 + windows 2003 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Mail box Restore + backup exec 9 + windows 2003 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi , The scenario is that i had a user whose mail box in exchange was deleted. After few months the a new mail box was created and we just trying to restore the mail box from the tape. I ...

  1. Exchange Mail box Restore + backup exec 9 + windows 2003

    Hi , The scenario is that i had a user whose mail box in exchange was deleted.
    After few months the a new mail box was created and we just trying to restore
    the mail box from the tape. I can restore any other mails from the tape but
    this mail box. I dont know if i can redirect the mail loacally instead of
    restoring it on the exchange server itself. I feel when trying to restore
    on exchange server the access control is going for a toss and Active Directory
    doesnt see the data in the tape is destined for the new user on exchange
    for some reason. Inputs of any sort will be of great help. I am tired of
    trying out options and am thus dropping this mail. Anyways i am trying and
    hope i can solve it myself. Please feel free to revert incase you need any
    further details before you help.
    Cheers
    Bijoy

  2. Re: Exchange Mail box Restore + backup exec 9 + windows 2003

    Hi Bijoy,

    I had solved a similar issue,

    Ensure that you have selected. "automatically recreate the user mailbix,
    check in Tools/options/Exchange.
    Whenever you want to redirect & restore mailbox, that target server should
    have the user a/c & the mail box already in place,And this feature of automatically
    recreating mailbox is only if the restoration is to the same server as the
    original location.
    Also note that Tools/options/Exchange redirection> enter the new mail box
    name

    Let me know the outcome,
    I am pretty confident of solving this, we had many such events

    Bye for now

    Sethu

    "bijoy" wrote:

    >Hi , The scenario is that i had a user whose mail box in exchange was deleted.
    >After few months the a new mail box was created and we just trying to restore
    >the mail box from the tape. I can restore any other mails from the tape

    but
    >this mail box. I dont know if i can redirect the mail loacally instead of
    >restoring it on the exchange server itself. I feel when trying to restore
    >on exchange server the access control is going for a toss and Active Directory
    >doesnt see the data in the tape is destined for the new user on exchange
    >for some reason. Inputs of any sort will be of great help. I am tired of
    >trying out options and am thus dropping this mail. Anyways i am trying and
    >hope i can solve it myself. Please feel free to revert incase you need any
    >further details before you help.
    >Cheers
    >Bijoy

+ Reply to Thread