Device Summary report doesn't function after upgrade to 9_1 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Device Summary report doesn't function after upgrade to 9_1 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just upgraded a Backup Exec 9 rev 4454 to Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 and now I am having problems running a Device Summary report. Whenever I try to run it it the check box for the Media Servers ...

  1. Device Summary report doesn't function after upgrade to 9_1

    I just upgraded a Backup Exec 9 rev 4454 to Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 and now
    I am having problems running a Device Summary report. Whenever I try to
    run it it the check box for the Media Servers is grayed out. Has anyone
    else experienced this problem? I tried a repair but it didn't help.

  2. Re: Device Summary report doesn't function after upgrade to 9_1

    An additional piece of info is that the other reports still work fine. It
    is just this particular report. I tried this on a test server to see if
    the problem would reoccur and it did.

    "Jason Reynolds" wrote:

    >I just upgraded a Backup Exec 9 rev 4454 to Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 and

    now
    >I am having problems running a Device Summary report. Whenever I try to
    >run it it the check box for the Media Servers is grayed out. Has anyone
    >else experienced this problem? I tried a repair but it didn't help.

  3. Re: Device Summary report doesn't function after upgrade to 9_1

    OK. I guess it is just another "feature" of BENT 9.1. I think if there is
    only one server it doesn't require you to select it to run the job. It just
    assumes you mean that server. Just a different way of doing things.

    "Jason Reynolds" wrote:

    >An additional piece of info is that the other reports still work fine.

    It
    >is just this particular report. I tried this on a test server to see if
    >the problem would reoccur and it did.
    >
    >"Jason Reynolds" wrote:
    >>
    >>I just upgraded a Backup Exec 9 rev 4454 to Backup Exec 9.1 rev 4691 and

    >now
    >>I am having problems running a Device Summary report. Whenever I try to
    >>run it it the check box for the Media Servers is grayed out. Has anyone
    >>else experienced this problem? I tried a repair but it didn't help.

+ Reply to Thread