Failure occurred querying writer status - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Failure occurred querying writer status - Veritas Backup Exec ; Completed status: Failed Final error code: a000fed1 HEX Final error description: A failure occurred querying the Writer status. Final error category: Resource Errors I received this message after upgrading this server from W2K to W2K3. Anyone else had this? Thanks...

  1. Failure occurred querying writer status

    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: a000fed1 HEX
    Final error description: A failure occurred querying the Writer status.

    Final error category: Resource Errors

    I received this message after upgrading this server from W2K to W2K3. Anyone
    else had this? Thanks

  2. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    Version and Build of BEWS?

    "Alyce" wrote in message

    > Completed status: Failed
    > Final error code: a000fed1 HEX
    > Final error description: A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
    >
    > Final error category: Resource Errors
    >
    > I received this message after upgrading this server from W2K to W2K3.

    Anyone
    > else had this? Thanks

  3. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    Ver 9.0 4454 (sorry)

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >Version and Build of BEWS?
    >

    >"Alyce" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Completed status: Failed
    >> Final error code: a000fed1 HEX
    >> Final error description: A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
    >>
    >> Final error category: Resource Errors
    >>
    >> I received this message after upgrading this server from W2K to W2K3.

    >Anyone
    >> else had this? Thanks

  4. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    At least you have the correct build to support W2K3

    Was this a wipe the drives and install from scratch "upgrade" or did you
    upgrade in place?
    Have you tried re-installing BEWS?
    Are you current on both firmware and drivers for your tape device?
    Does NTBackup see and write to the device?
    Do you have any mfg diagnostics that you can run?

    "Alyce" wrote in message

    > Ver 9.0 4454 (sorry)
    >
    > "ken putnam" wrote:
    > >Version and Build of BEWS?
    > >

    > >"Alyce" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Completed status: Failed
    > >> Final error code: a000fed1 HEX
    > >> Final error description: A failure occurred querying the Writer status.
    > >>
    > >> Final error category: Resource Errors
    > >>
    > >> I received this message after upgrading this server from W2K to W2K3.

    > >Anyone
    > >> else had this? Thanks

  5. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    thanks for your help. Found out it is a microsoft thing, a hotfix is needed
    from them.
    wish me luck

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >At least you have the correct build to support W2K3
    >
    >Was this a wipe the drives and install from scratch "upgrade" or did you
    >upgrade in place?
    >Have you tried re-installing BEWS?
    >Are you current on both firmware and drivers for your tape device?
    >Does NTBackup see and write to the device?
    >Do you have any mfg diagnostics that you can run?
    >
    >"Alyce" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ver 9.0 4454 (sorry)
    >>
    >> "ken putnam" wrote:
    >> >Version and Build of BEWS?
    >> >

    >> >"Alyce" wrote in message

    >> >Anyone

  6. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    Just for my own edification, what's the fix you need?

    "Alyce" wrote in message

    > thanks for your help. Found out it is a microsoft thing, a hotfix is

    needed
    > from them.
    > wish me luck
    >
    > "ken putnam" wrote:
    > >At least you have the correct build to support W2K3
    > >
    > >Was this a wipe the drives and install from scratch "upgrade" or did you
    > >upgrade in place?
    > >Have you tried re-installing BEWS?
    > >Are you current on both firmware and drivers for your tape device?
    > >Does NTBackup see and write to the device?
    > >Do you have any mfg diagnostics that you can run?
    > >
    > >"Alyce" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Ver 9.0 4454 (sorry)

    status.

    W2K3.

  7. Re: Failure occurred querying writer status

    the article # is 826936 and you have to call microsoft to get them to send
    it to you, it's not posted on their site. so far it hasn't worked though.
    stay tuned

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >Just for my own edification, what's the fix you need?
    >

    >"Alyce" wrote in message
    >>
    >> thanks for your help. Found out it is a microsoft thing, a hotfix is

    >needed
    >> from them.
    >> wish me luck
    >>
    >> "ken putnam" wrote:
    >> >At least you have the correct build to support W2K3
    >> >
    >> >Was this a wipe the drives and install from scratch "upgrade" or did

    you
    >> >upgrade in place?
    >> >Have you tried re-installing BEWS?
    >> >Are you current on both firmware and drivers for your tape device?
    >> >Does NTBackup see and write to the device?
    >> >Do you have any mfg diagnostics that you can run?
    >> >
    >> >"Alyce" wrote in message

    >status.

    >W2K3.

+ Reply to Thread