Alerts - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Alerts - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a way to have the alerts emailed to an email address?? I have the notifications set up so when A job finishes or fails to email me. I would like to have the alerts that you have to ...

  1. Alerts

    Is there a way to have the alerts emailed to an email address?? I have the
    notifications set up so when A job finishes or fails to email me. I would
    like to have the alerts that you have to respond to be emailed to me as well

  2. Re: Alerts

    Hi Greg,

    Its Possible!!

    BEWS 9.0.4454, Alerts Tab, left pane,
    Under Alert Tasks> Click, "Configure alert categories",
    An "Alert Categories" dialogue box appears,
    LEft pane, scroll up & dom to select the type pf alerts,
    now right pane> Under "Category Properties",
    Select the Check box,"Send notifications to selected recipients",
    Click "recipients". Now Configure-recipients dialogue box popups,
    Select any previously configured recipients or
    Click NEW , recipient-type selection box appears,
    Select PERSON, click OK> person recipient properties box appears,
    If running, Exchnage Server, select MAPI Tab,
    if Lotus Domino, select VIM tab,
    if any other, SMTP tab,
    else pager>
    Read carefully and fill in the details,

    Al the Best

    With Regards

    Sethu Mohan
    "Greg Figlia" wrote:

    >Is there a way to have the alerts emailed to an email address?? I have

    the
    >notifications set up so when A job finishes or fails to email me. I would
    >like to have the alerts that you have to respond to be emailed to me as

    well

+ Reply to Thread