Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am receiving this error when I try to start the Backup Exec Job Engine. My config is : Win2k, sp6, Backup exec 9.0 rev 4454. Thanks for any help....

  1. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    I am receiving this error when I try to start the Backup Exec Job Engine.
    My config is : Win2k, sp6, Backup exec 9.0 rev 4454. Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    There should be another error in the logs showing one of the other services
    failing to start

    Quite often is is because the startup uses an old/incorrect password

    "marc brown" wrote in message

    > I am receiving this error when I try to start the Backup Exec Job Engine.
    > My config is : Win2k, sp6, Backup exec 9.0 rev 4454. Thanks for any

    help.

  3. Re: Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

    Ken,
    Thanks for the repsonse. Checked the event log and found this:
    The Backup Exec Job Engine service depends on the Backup Exec Remote Agent
    for Windows Servers service which failed to start because of the following
    error:
    %%0

    I will re-verify all login/passwords.

    Thanks