Scheduled restores - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Scheduled restores - Veritas Backup Exec ; Is there a way to run automated test restores in backup exec version 8.6 for Windows?...

  1. Scheduled restores

    Is there a way to run automated test restores in backup exec version 8.6 for
    Windows?

  2. Re: Scheduled restores

    Nope.

    The way that it is written, BEWS must select the restore from volume from
    the catalog when the restore job is created.

    There is no way to request a restore from the latest volume in Media set XYZ

    (and we have been asking for this functionality since at least v7.0 that I
    know of)

    You can go to http://enhancement.veritas.com/ and add your voice requesting
    this, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting

    "Irun6snd8th" wrote in message

    > Is there a way to run automated test restores in backup exec version 8.6

    for
    > Windows?

+ Reply to Thread