SQL not showing up - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL not showing up - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just installed the SQL agent on my BE 8.6 server. Before that I also installed the required Miscorosft SQL software and updates. I see the SQL tab in backup exec now and on one remote machine the SQL option ...

  1. SQL not showing up

    I just installed the SQL agent on my BE 8.6 server. Before that I also installed
    the required Miscorosft SQL software and updates.

    I see the SQL tab in backup exec now and on one remote machine the SQL option
    appears now when before it didnt.

    However the SQL machine I want to backup doesnt show up. This is the only
    reason why I added. It only gives me the C$ as usual. This machine is windows2000
    running SQL2000 SP3, I placed the same thing on the BE server and in fact
    is giving me SQL2000 selection under tools options.

    I think the remote SQL server is not configured properly. If thats the case
    what needs to be added the SQL backup API?

    Ed

  2. Re: SQL not showing up

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:20:27 -0500, Ed wrote:

    > I just installed the SQL agent on my BE 8.6 server. Before that I also
    > installed the required Miscorosft SQL software and updates.
    >
    > I see the SQL tab in backup exec now and on one remote machine the SQL
    > option appears now when before it didnt.
    >
    > However the SQL machine I want to backup doesnt show up. This is the
    > only reason why I added. It only gives me the C$ as usual. This
    > machine is windows2000 running SQL2000 SP3, I placed the same thing on
    > the BE server and in fact is giving me SQL2000 selection under tools
    > options.
    >
    > I think the remote SQL server is not configured properly. If thats the
    > case what needs to be added the SQL backup API?
    >
    > Ed

    The remote SQL Server needs the BENT Agent installed. I would apply any
    patches to the Agent that are appropriate for the Agent software and are
    applied on the media server.

    Alex Moore

+ Reply to Thread