Exchange 5.5 Individual Mailbox Backup using BE 8.6 - Hung at enter the unique mailbox name... - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 5.5 Individual Mailbox Backup using BE 8.6 - Hung at enter the unique mailbox name... - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been successfully backing up a new exchange server from a remote backup server. I wanted to augment my backups with some individual mailbox backups. This is what I did. I created a mailbox with a unique name and ...

  1. Exchange 5.5 Individual Mailbox Backup using BE 8.6 - Hung at enter the unique mailbox name...

    I have been successfully backing up a new exchange server from a remote backup
    server. I wanted to augment my backups with some individual mailbox backups.

    This is what I did. I created a mailbox with a unique name and associated
    it with my BE svc acct. I verified that the BE svc account has svc admin
    acct rights at the org, site, config, server and recipients container. I
    installed outlook 2k on the remote backup server and setup a profile named
    corresponding to the BE svc account name. I verified I could login to the
    mailbox and send and receive mail from it, and also open others mailboxes.
    I copied the mapi32.dll to the backup exec/nt directory. I was logged in
    as the backup exec svc acct while performing these steps. I restarted all
    backup exec services. However, when I input the unique mailbox name, even
    in DN format, it just kicks me back to asking for it again. I'm not new
    to setting up mailbox level backups... but I am stumped.

    Thanks,
    -Troy

  2. Re: Exchange 5.5 Individual Mailbox Backup using BE 8.6 - Hung at enter the unique mailbox name...

    *bump*

    "Troy" wrote:

    >I have been successfully backing up a new exchange server from a remote

    backup
    >server. I wanted to augment my backups with some individual mailbox backups.
    >
    >This is what I did. I created a mailbox with a unique name and associated
    >it with my BE svc acct. I verified that the BE svc account has svc admin
    >acct rights at the org, site, config, server and recipients container.

    >installed outlook 2k on the remote backup server and setup a profile named
    >corresponding to the BE svc account name. I verified I could login to the
    >mailbox and send and receive mail from it, and also open others mailboxes.
    > I copied the mapi32.dll to the backup exec/nt directory. I was logged

    in
    >as the backup exec svc acct while performing these steps. I restarted all
    >backup exec services. However, when I input the unique mailbox name, even
    >in DN format, it just kicks me back to asking for it again. I'm not new
    >to setting up mailbox level backups... but I am stumped.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >-Troy

+ Reply to Thread