How To Restore SQL Database - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How To Restore SQL Database - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are running Windows 2000, SP4, BE, ver. 9.0. I am testing to see if I can restore a Northwind database. I got the error message. It said "An error occured on a query to database Northwind. Device activation error. ...

  1. How To Restore SQL Database

    We are running Windows 2000, SP4, BE, ver. 9.0. I am testing to see if I
    can restore a Northwind database. I got the error message. It said "An
    error occured on a query to database Northwind. Device activation error.
    The physical file name 'c:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\northwnd.mdf'
    may be incorrect."

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How To Restore SQL Database

    Quote Originally Posted by unix View Post
    We are running Windows 2000, SP4, BE, ver. 9.0. I am testing to see if I
    can restore a Northwind database. I got the error message. It said "An
    error occured on a query to database Northwind. Device activation error.
    The physical file name 'c:\program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\northwnd.mdf'
    may be incorrect."

    What am I doing wrong?

    Thanks.
    For working out given situation you may use sql server recovery. The utility can work with sql files up to 16 TB. It starts under any software configurations of your system. The tool can recover mdf files from local area network.
    Last edited by zlatan24; 09-10-2011 at 10:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread