Software not seeing tape in drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Software not seeing tape in drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; Here is the config for my server Platform: Windows 2000 Server SP4 Software: Backup Exec 8.50 rev 3571 Tape Drive: Seagate Scorpion STD68000N DDS2 This past couple months I have been trying to figure out why I can't make backup's ...

  1. Software not seeing tape in drive

    Here is the config for my server
    Platform: Windows 2000 Server SP4
    Software: Backup Exec 8.50 rev 3571
    Tape Drive: Seagate Scorpion STD68000N DDS2

    This past couple months I have been trying to figure out why I can't make
    backup's on this server. I have replaced the tape drive twice, and have
    checked with the symantec about antivirus configuration. I have come to
    a blank. Nothing has changed on here in over a year and then suddenly about
    a couple of months ago we were not able to make back ups. I can read and
    write to the drive from DOS using seagates diag. utility. The drive is good.
    Also from conversations with symantec nothing has changed with our antivirus
    software. It only leaves me one way to point my finger, and that is to the
    backup software. What happened?

    Thanks for any response,

    Neil Guilbeaux

  2. Re: Software not seeing tape in drive

    Does NTBackup see and write to the drive?

    "Neil Guilbeaux" wrote in message

    > Here is the config for my server
    > Platform: Windows 2000 Server SP4
    > Software: Backup Exec 8.50 rev 3571
    > Tape Drive: Seagate Scorpion STD68000N DDS2
    >
    > This past couple months I have been trying to figure out why I can't make
    > backup's on this server. I have replaced the tape drive twice, and have
    > checked with the symantec about antivirus configuration. I have come to
    > a blank. Nothing has changed on here in over a year and then suddenly

    about
    > a couple of months ago we were not able to make back ups. I can read and
    > write to the drive from DOS using seagates diag. utility. The drive is

    good.
    > Also from conversations with symantec nothing has changed with our

    antivirus
    > software. It only leaves me one way to point my finger, and that is to

    the
    > backup software. What happened?
    >
    > Thanks for any response,
    >
    > Neil Guilbeaux