uninstall 7.3 before install 9.1? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on uninstall 7.3 before install 9.1? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm upgrading an NT server from BENT 7.3/4464 to BEWS 9.1. Should I uninstall BENT 7.3 first, or is it okay to install BEWS 9.1 on top of BENT 7.3? GaryK...

  1. uninstall 7.3 before install 9.1?

    Hi,

    I'm upgrading an NT server from BENT 7.3/4464 to BEWS 9.1. Should I
    uninstall BENT 7.3 first, or is it okay to install BEWS 9.1 on top of BENT
    7.3?

    GaryK

  2. Re: uninstall 7.3 before install 9.1?

    You can't upgrade the v7.3 install to v9

    v9 upgrade will only accept v8.x.

    I've never tried it, but I guess you could try doing a DEMO upgrade to v8.x
    (Veritas still has them on the downloads page) then upgrading that to
    production v9.0 with serial

    "Gary Karasik" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm upgrading an NT server from BENT 7.3/4464 to BEWS 9.1. Should I
    > uninstall BENT 7.3 first, or is it okay to install BEWS 9.1 on top of BENT
    > 7.3?
    >
    > GaryK

  3. Re: uninstall 7.3 before install 9.1?

    Thanks, for the reply, Ken,

    Should I uninstall BENT 7.3 before I install BEWS 9.1?

    GaryK

    "ken putnam" wrote in message
    > You can't upgrade the v7.3 install to v9
    >
    > v9 upgrade will only accept v8.x.
    >
    > I've never tried it, but I guess you could try doing a DEMO upgrade to

    v8.x
    > (Veritas still has them on the downloads page) then upgrading that to
    > production v9.0 with serial
    >

    > "Gary Karasik" wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm upgrading an NT server from BENT 7.3/4464 to BEWS 9.1. Should I
    > > uninstall BENT 7.3 first, or is it okay to install BEWS 9.1 on top of

    BENT
    > > 7.3?
    > >
    > > GaryK

+ Reply to Thread