Veritas V9 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Veritas V9 - Veritas Backup Exec ; In v8.6 I could create a job abd save it and run it when I like. In v9 it seems I can only create a job if it means I am going to run it there and then or schedule ...

  1. Veritas V9

    In v8.6 I could create a job abd save it and run it when I like. In v9 it
    seems I can only create a job if it means I am going to run it there and
    then or schedule it.

    How do I create a job just to keep to run when I choose?

    At the moment I'm having to create it and then submit it on hold. If I
    delete it from the schedule then it deletes the whole job from my created
    jobs aswell as off the Job monitor tab.

  2. Re: Veritas V9

    Hi,

    I noticed this too. What I've been doing is on the Job Setup page, create a
    backup selection and a backup job template of the job then, when I want to
    actually run the job just create it from the template with the relevant
    selection list. A rather long winded way of doing something that was easier
    in earlier versions.

    If anyone knows a better way I would like to know it as well.

    Laurence

    "Tracey" wrote in message
    > In v8.6 I could create a job abd save it and run it when I like. In v9 it
    > seems I can only create a job if it means I am going to run it there and
    > then or schedule it.
    >
    > How do I create a job just to keep to run when I choose?
    >
    > At the moment I'm having to create it and then submit it on hold. If I
    > delete it from the schedule then it deletes the whole job from my created
    > jobs aswell as off the Job monitor tab.

+ Reply to Thread