Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec ; My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since upgrading my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried reinstalling the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive is a ...

  1. Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade

    My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since upgrading
    my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried reinstalling
    the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive
    is a Dell Powervault VS80 by Benchmark. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Gary

  2. Re: Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade

    Gary,

    Yes I have and a few others. No I have not yet found an answer. But it does
    seem to be sp4 related. Also, it does not seem to be version related. I am
    running 9.0.

    Sam

    >>> Gary Davidson 12/5/2003 6:39:21 PM >>>

    My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since
    upgrading
    my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried
    reinstalling
    the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive
    is a Dell Powervault VS80 by Benchmark. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Gary

  3. Re: Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade

    Check your Adaptec SCSI driver. I have found that certain versions cause
    extremely bad performance.

    "Gary Davidson" wrote in message

    > My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since

    upgrading
    > my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried

    reinstalling
    > the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive
    > is a Dell Powervault VS80 by Benchmark. Any help greatly appreciated.
    > Gary

  4. Re: Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade

    Thanks Chuck...
    We didn't upgrade the SCSI drivers during the upgrade, at least on purpose.
    Does the SP4 upgrade automatically upgrade the driver? Otherwise the driver
    worked fine before the upgrade.
    Gary

    "Charles Hucks" wrote:
    >Check your Adaptec SCSI driver. I have found that certain versions cause
    >extremely bad performance.
    >

    >"Gary Davidson" wrote in message
    >>
    >> My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since

    >upgrading
    >> my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried

    >reinstalling
    >> the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive
    >> is a Dell Powervault VS80 by Benchmark. Any help greatly appreciated.
    >> Gary

  5. Re: Backup Slower after SP4 upgrade

    Have you tried upgrading Windows ASPI package?
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...dkey=ASPI-4.70

    "Charles Hucks" wrote:
    >Check your Adaptec SCSI driver. I have found that certain versions cause
    >extremely bad performance.
    >

    >"Gary Davidson" wrote in message
    >>
    >> My Backup Exec 8.6 backups have been reduced in speed by half since

    >upgrading
    >> my Dell server to SP4. Has anyone else experienced this? I tried

    >reinstalling
    >> the Veritas-supplied tape drivers, but nothing seems to work. Tape drive
    >> is a Dell Powervault VS80 by Benchmark. Any help greatly appreciated.
    >> Gary

+ Reply to Thread