Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status - Veritas Backup Exec ; Version and build of BEWS? Do you have an execution window set up for the job(s)? "alice lu" wrote in message news:3fd0daec@ROSASTDMZ05.... > > Hi, > > I do a daily full back up, in the past two weeks, i've ...

  1. Re: Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status

    "alice lu" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I do a daily full back up, in the past two weeks, i've been coming into

    the
    > morning found the tape was ejected, with alert message "please insert

    overwriteable
    > media", when i did, the job ended in failed status.
    >
    > the tape that was sitting in the drive overnight seems to have got some

    data
    > on there . if the tape was full, why inserting a new one still ends up in
    > failed status?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > al

  2. Re: Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status

    "alice lu" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I do a daily full back up, in the past two weeks, i've been coming into

    the
    > morning found the tape was ejected, with alert message "please insert

    overwriteable
    > media", when i did, the job ended in failed status.
    >
    > the tape that was sitting in the drive overnight seems to have got some

    data
    > on there . if the tape was full, why inserting a new one still ends up in
    > failed status?
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > al

  3. Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status

    Hi,

    I do a daily full back up, in the past two weeks, i've been coming into the
    morning found the tape was ejected, with alert message "please insert overwriteable
    media", when i did, the job ended in failed status.

    the tape that was sitting in the drive overnight seems to have got some data
    on there . if the tape was full, why inserting a new one still ends up in
    failed status?

    thanks,

    al

  4. Re: Please insert overwriteable media, then end up in failed status

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >Version and build of BEWS?
    >
    >Do you have an execution window set up for the job(s)?
    >

    >"alice lu" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I do a daily full back up, in the past two weeks, i've been coming into

    >the
    >> morning found the tape was ejected, with alert message "please insert

    >overwriteable
    >> media", when i did, the job ended in failed status.
    >>
    >> the tape that was sitting in the drive overnight seems to have got some

    >data
    >> on there . if the tape was full, why inserting a new one still ends up

    in
    >> failed status?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> al

    my apology. version 8.6 build 3808 for windows NT/2000 server. i don't have
    an excution window set up for the jobs.

    al

+ Reply to Thread