tape labeling - command line - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on tape labeling - command line - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I'm using BE 8.5 in a Win2k AD environment, several servers, most with their own DLT drives. I'd like to be able to have tapes labeled (formated) when originaly inserted. We've come accross some tapes that were previously in ...

  1. tape labeling - command line

    Hi, I'm using BE 8.5 in a Win2k AD environment, several servers, most with
    their own DLT drives. I'd like to be able to have tapes labeled (formated)
    when originaly inserted. We've come accross some tapes that were previously
    in use on other systems (Unix for example) that BE "didn't like". The next
    day, I labelled them within BE and they were fine.

    So...I'd like to be able to inventory the tape and then label the tape
    either:
    1- when inserted
    2- some random time before the backup runs through a scheduled task
    3- through a prejob command.

    any thoughts?

  2. Re: tape labeling - command line

    hellooo?!!
    "gene" wrote in message news:3fd0c3b1@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hi, I'm using BE 8.5 in a Win2k AD environment, several servers, most with
    > their own DLT drives. I'd like to be able to have tapes labeled

    (formated)
    > when originaly inserted. We've come accross some tapes that were

    previously
    > in use on other systems (Unix for example) that BE "didn't like". The

    next
    > day, I labelled them within BE and they were fine.
    >
    > So...I'd like to be able to inventory the tape and then label the tape
    > either:
    > 1- when inserted
    > 2- some random time before the backup runs through a scheduled task
    > 3- through a prejob command.
    >
    > any thoughts?

  3. Re: tape labeling - command line

    Would their command line tool: BEMCmd, help?

    Chris

    "gene" wrote in message news:3fd0c3b1@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > Hi, I'm using BE 8.5 in a Win2k AD environment, several servers, most with
    > their own DLT drives. I'd like to be able to have tapes labeled

    (formated)
    > when originaly inserted. We've come accross some tapes that were

    previously
    > in use on other systems (Unix for example) that BE "didn't like". The

    next
    > day, I labelled them within BE and they were fine.
    >
    > So...I'd like to be able to inventory the tape and then label the tape
    > either:
    > 1- when inserted
    > 2- some random time before the backup runs through a scheduled task
    > 3- through a prejob command.
    >
    > any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread