OFO: Initialization failure: on \\Server\C:" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on OFO: Initialization failure: on \\Server\C:" - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup Exec 9 backing up 3 remote servers. Both the remote and OFO agents are installed. On 2 of the 3 boxes, I get the following error message in the log file: OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\C:". Advanced ...

  1. OFO: Initialization failure: on \\Server\C:"

    I have Backup Exec 9 backing up 3 remote servers. Both the remote and OFO
    agents are installed. On 2 of the 3 boxes, I get the following error message
    in the log file:

    OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\C:". Advanced Open File Option
    used: Yes.
    OFO: Snapshot error (0x17): Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

    Technote 256078 states this error occurs when the OFO agent is not installed
    on the server. It is; are there other issues that may be causing this? I
    was planning on reinstalling all agents. Thanks.

  2. OFO: Initialization failure: on \\Server\C:"

    Hi Mike,

    Decrease the Quite time to 2 seconds, so that the OFO initialises.
    If you feel that the AOFO need a re-installation,
    first do a silent uninstallation. The Check that the VSP.sys file,
    which is the AOFO driver file, in the %root%/system 32/driver directory.
    Then run an installation of AOFO, once this is sucessful.
    Check the %root%/system 32/driver directory, again for the presence of the
    file
    VSP.sys.

    Now try a test backup with AOFO feature.

    All the Best

    Regards

    Sethu Mohan

    "Mike " wrote:

    >I have Backup Exec 9 backing up 3 remote servers. Both the remote and OFO
    >agents are installed. On 2 of the 3 boxes, I get the following error message
    >in the log file:
    >
    >OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\Server\C:". Advanced Open File Option
    >used: Yes.
    >OFO: Snapshot error (0x17): Data error (cyclic redundancy check)
    >
    >Technote 256078 states this error occurs when the OFO agent is not installed
    >on the server. It is; are there other issues that may be causing this? I
    >was planning on reinstalling all agents. Thanks.

  3. OFO: Initialization failure: on \\Server\C:"

    Hi Sethu:

    Thank you for your reply and tip to reduce the quiet time to 2 seconds, I
    will try it.The VSP.sys file is in the %root%/system 32/driver directory
    on all 3 boxes.

    Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread