Am I blind ? Can't see "Microsoft Information Store" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Am I blind ? Can't see "Microsoft Information Store" - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a Windows2000 server with Exhange2000, all updates. I have "Veritas Backup Exec 9" with "Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server", so I can backup individual mailboxes. But I'm told that it's a good idea to backup the storer themselves. ...

  1. Am I blind ? Can't see "Microsoft Information Store"

    I have a Windows2000 server with Exhange2000, all updates. I have "Veritas
    Backup Exec 9" with "Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server", so I can backup
    individual mailboxes. But I'm told that it's a good idea to backup the
    storer themselves. Furthermore, backup of stores will purge the committed
    logs, I have more than 6GB of logs !

    The problem is, that I can't see the "Microsoft Information Store" in the
    Backup Exec !! I can see all the harddisk drive, "Microsoft Exchange
    Mailboxes" and "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders"...............the
    Exchange server is running !!

    Where is the "Microsoft Information Store" i Veritas Backup Exec 9 ? How can
    I select it to backup ?

  2. Re: Am I blind ? Can't see "Microsoft Information Store"

    Hi Peter,

    see
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...2f234383%2ehtm

    maybe it helps
    "Peter Jensen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I have a Windows2000 server with Exhange2000, all updates. I have "Veritas
    > Backup Exec 9" with "Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server", so I can backup
    > individual mailboxes. But I'm told that it's a good idea to backup the
    > storer themselves. Furthermore, backup of stores will purge the committed
    > logs, I have more than 6GB of logs !
    >
    > The problem is, that I can't see the "Microsoft Information Store" in the
    > Backup Exec !! I can see all the harddisk drive, "Microsoft Exchange
    > Mailboxes" and "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders"...............the
    > Exchange server is running !!
    >
    > Where is the "Microsoft Information Store" i Veritas Backup Exec 9 ? How

    can
    > I select it to backup ?

  3. Re: Am I blind ? Can't see "Microsoft Information Store"

    Do you have Exchagne Admin loaded on the Media server?
    Do you have the Remote Agnet running on the Exchange Server?

    "Peter Jensen" wrote in message
    > I have a Windows2000 server with Exhange2000, all updates. I have "Veritas
    > Backup Exec 9" with "Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server", so I can backup
    > individual mailboxes. But I'm told that it's a good idea to backup the
    > storer themselves. Furthermore, backup of stores will purge the committed
    > logs, I have more than 6GB of logs !
    >
    > The problem is, that I can't see the "Microsoft Information Store" in the
    > Backup Exec !! I can see all the harddisk drive, "Microsoft Exchange
    > Mailboxes" and "Microsoft Exchange Public Folders"...............the
    > Exchange server is running !!
    >
    > Where is the "Microsoft Information Store" i Veritas Backup Exec 9 ? How

    can
    > I select it to backup ?

+ Reply to Thread