Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have installed the exchange agent on my backup server. When I go to do a remote install to install the agent on my exchange server, I only get the option to install the Advanced open file option and Remote ...

  1. Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0

    I have installed the exchange agent on my backup server. When I go to do a
    remote install to install the agent on my exchange server, I only get the
    option to install the Advanced open file option and Remote agent for windows
    servers. After I installed the agent, it didn't prompt me to reboot. Do I
    need to reboot before the exchange agent will appear in the install options?
    I don't have Exchange admin on my backup server. Do I need to install it to
    be able to deploy the agent to my exchange server? Thanks for your help.

  2. Re: Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0

    When you install an Exchange Serial, all it does is unlock the functionality
    on the media server. Doesn't actually get pushed to the Exchange Server

    Normally you need to restart BEWS to make a new module/agent functional.

    Technically, you don't need Exchange Admin on the media server, just a
    couple of DLLs, but its the easiest way to get them there.

    "Danielle" wrote in message
    > I have installed the exchange agent on my backup server. When I go to do

    > remote install to install the agent on my exchange server, I only get the
    > option to install the Advanced open file option and Remote agent for

    windows
    > servers. After I installed the agent, it didn't prompt me to reboot. Do

    > need to reboot before the exchange agent will appear in the install

    options?
    > I don't have Exchange admin on my backup server. Do I need to install it

    > be able to deploy the agent to my exchange server? Thanks for your help.

  3. Re: Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0

    When I added the exchange serial to the media server, I also installed the
    exchange agent. Should I not have installed it there and have done a remote
    install to push it to the exchange server instead? When I installed it on
    the media server, did it use up the one license for the exchange agent?

    Do I need an extra exchange license to install the admin on another machine?

    Thanks for you help!

    "ken putnam" wrote in message
    > When you install an Exchange Serial, all it does is unlock the

    functionality
    > on the media server. Doesn't actually get pushed to the Exchange Server
    >
    > Normally you need to restart BEWS to make a new module/agent functional.
    >
    > Technically, you don't need Exchange Admin on the media server, just a
    > couple of DLLs, but its the easiest way to get them there.
    >

    > "Danielle" wrote in message
    > > I have installed the exchange agent on my backup server. When I go to

    do
    > > remote install to install the agent on my exchange server, I only get

    the
    > > option to install the Advanced open file option and Remote agent for

    > windows
    > > servers. After I installed the agent, it didn't prompt me to reboot.

    Do
    > > need to reboot before the exchange agent will appear in the install

    > options?
    > > I don't have Exchange admin on my backup server. Do I need to install

    it
    > > be able to deploy the agent to my exchange server? Thanks for your

    help.

  4. Re: Exchange 2000 Agent 9.0

    Hi Daniel,

    Mr.Ken Putnam has shared the exact installation of Exhange Agent.
    Exchange agent is installed onthe Media Server, not on the Exchnage Server.
    You cannot PUSH install the Exchange Agent, its not meant that way.
    Yes!, when you installed Exchange Agent on Media Server, it has used the
    Licensed serial number for the Exchange agent.

    This is enough for your scenario to successfully Backup an Exchnage Server,

    All the Best

    Regards

    Sethu Mohan

    "Danielle" wrote:
    >When I added the exchange serial to the media server, I also installed the
    >exchange agent. Should I not have installed it there and have done a remote
    >install to push it to the exchange server instead? When I installed it on
    >the media server, did it use up the one license for the exchange agent?
    >
    >Do I need an extra exchange license to install the admin on another machine?
    >
    >Thanks for you help!
    >
    >"ken putnam" wrote in message
    >> When you install an Exchange Serial, all it does is unlock the

    >functionality
    >> on the media server. Doesn't actually get pushed to the Exchange Server
    >>
    >> Normally you need to restart BEWS to make a new module/agent functional.
    >>
    >> Technically, you don't need Exchange Admin on the media server, just a
    >> couple of DLLs, but its the easiest way to get them there.
    >>

    >> "Danielle" wrote in message
    >> > I have installed the exchange agent on my backup server. When I go

    >do
    >> > remote install to install the agent on my exchange server, I only get

    >the
    >> > option to install the Advanced open file option and Remote agent for

    >> windows
    >> > servers. After I installed the agent, it didn't prompt me to reboot.

    >Do
    >> > need to reboot before the exchange agent will appear in the install

    >> options?
    >> > I don't have Exchange admin on my backup server. Do I need to install

    >it
    >> > be able to deploy the agent to my exchange server? Thanks for your

    >help.

+ Reply to Thread