Two Streames - only one working - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Two Streames - only one working - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have two HP Ultrium 2-Streamers on two SCSI-Cards connected to one server. The first Drive is working correctly, but the second Drive is not found by Backup Exec. If I view the device list in Windows, the two Drives ...

  1. Two Streames - only one working

    We have two HP Ultrium 2-Streamers on two SCSI-Cards connected to one server.
    The first Drive is working correctly, but the second Drive is not found by
    Backup Exec. If I view the device list in Windows, the two Drives have different
    Names, allthough they are using the same Driver-File. I removed them and
    reinstalled them using the Veritas Drivers again - same result. The HP Test-Software
    states both Drives OK. Any Ideas?

  2. Re: Two Streames - only one working

    Moin Andy,
    are these two separate SCSI card ONLY for the tapes ??
    What SCSI - IDs they have ??
    What brand name for the server ??
    DELL ??? Good bless you
    Have a great day
    Rainer

    "Andi Kammerer" wrote:

    >We have two HP Ultrium 2-Streamers on two SCSI-Cards connected to one server.
    >The first Drive is working correctly, but the second Drive is not found

    by
    >Backup Exec. If I view the device list in Windows, the two Drives have different
    >Names, allthough they are using the same Driver-File. I removed them and
    >reinstalled them using the Veritas Drivers again - same result. The HP Test-Software
    >states both Drives OK. Any Ideas?

+ Reply to Thread