DLT Tape Free Space - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on DLT Tape Free Space - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, Is there anyway in BackupExec 8.6 to tell how much free space is left on a tape after you have backed up several systems. I have a DLT drive that will do 80 gig's compressed. If not, is there ...

  1. DLT Tape Free Space

    Hello,
    Is there anyway in BackupExec 8.6 to tell how much free space is left on
    a tape after you have backed up several systems. I have a DLT drive that
    will do 80 gig's compressed. If not, is there a separate utility to do
    this?

    Thanks……

  2. Re: DLT Tape Free Space

    Hi John,

    I wish you had Backup Exec 9.0 or 9.1, having an excellent listing of what
    y ou rae looking for.

    But in 8.6, under the Media Sets in the Media Tab,
    Click the Media name under the Media set to
    View the Media Properties and statistics.

    Let me know is that enough

    Bye fo now

    Regards

    Sethu Mohan

    John H wrote:
    >Hello,
    >Is there anyway in BackupExec 8.6 to tell how much free space is left on

    >a tape after you have backed up several systems. I have a DLT drive that

    >will do 80 gig's compressed. If not, is there a separate utility to do
    >this?
    >
    >Thanks……

  3. Re: DLT Tape Free Space

    Thank you for the reply. I will give this a try.....

    In article <3fd03528@ROSASTDMZ05.>, smohan@softcell.co.in says...
    > Hi John,
    >
    > I wish you had Backup Exec 9.0 or 9.1, having an excellent listing of what
    > y ou rae looking for.
    >
    > But in 8.6, under the Media Sets in the Media Tab,
    > Click the Media name under the Media set to
    > View the Media Properties and statistics.
    >
    > Let me know is that enough
    >
    > Bye fo now
    >
    > Regards

+ Reply to Thread