Unable to backup Individual email accounts - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to backup Individual email accounts - Veritas Backup Exec ; The problem appears when you attempt to select the Microsoft Exchange server folder; it's requesting a unique Mailbox. But we have created an account, but it doesn't seem to like it. We've tried an administrator mail box nothing seems to ...

  1. Unable to backup Individual email accounts

    The problem appears when you attempt to select the Microsoft Exchange server
    folder; it's requesting a unique Mailbox. But we have created an account,
    but it doesn't seem to like it. We've tried an administrator mail box nothing
    seems to get us past this prompt. Also the password screen is grayed out.
    Any thought on how to get past this to back up everyone’s mail box Individually?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Unable to backup Individual email accounts

    I had the same problem after changing the service account of backup exec.
    The solution in my case was giving the new account rights on all the exchange
    mailboxes (in exchg system manager, right click on the mailbox-store...).

    "Daniel " wrote:

    >The problem appears when you attempt to select the Microsoft Exchange server
    >folder; it's requesting a unique Mailbox. But we have created an account,
    >but it doesn't seem to like it. We've tried an administrator mail box nothing
    >seems to get us past this prompt. Also the password screen is grayed out.
    >Any thought on how to get past this to back up everyone’s mail box Individually?
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Unable to backup Individual email accounts

    Hi Daniel,

    did you run BE under the same Account like the Services are running? You
    must use the same account for the Services and the log on to the Server and
    theese account must have a Mailbox on the Server because BE use the MAPI
    function for the Mailbox access.

    Didi you install Outlook to the Server? When you do which version, 2000 or
    xp, don't use xp it makes trouble.

    Hope it helps

    Jan

    "Daniel " schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > The problem appears when you attempt to select the Microsoft Exchange

    server
    > folder; it's requesting a unique Mailbox. But we have created an account,
    > but it doesn't seem to like it. We've tried an administrator mail box

    nothing
    > seems to get us past this prompt. Also the password screen is grayed out.
    > Any thought on how to get past this to back up everyone's mail box

    Individually?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread