event error 7003 and service error 1075 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on event error 7003 and service error 1075 - Veritas Backup Exec ; here is the error I recieve Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7003 Date: 12/3/2003 Time: 7:18:10 AM User: N/A Computer: HFCTC Description: The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service depends ...

  1. event error 7003 and service error 1075

    here is the error I recieve

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Service Control Manager
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7003
    Date: 12/3/2003
    Time: 7:18:10 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: HFCTC
    The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service depends on the following
    nonexistent service: Lanman

    client for ms networks is installed
    file and print sharing is installed
    server service is running
    workstation service is running
    rpc service is running

    I still get this error every time. I do not see a place to uninstall the
    remote agent or remove the service to do a reinstall.

    here is a copy of the other error from the services window.

    Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 service
    on local computer. Error 1075: or
    has been marked for deletion.

    any help is much appreciated.

    Thanks
    Aaron

  2. Re: event error 7003 and service error 1075

    shameless bump.

    "Aaron" wrote:

    >here is the error I recieve
    >
    >Event Type: Error
    >Event Source: Service Control Manager
    >Event Category: None
    >Event ID: 7003
    >Date: 12/3/2003
    >Time: 7:18:10 AM
    >User: N/A
    >Computer: HFCTC
    >The Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service depends on the

    following
    >nonexistent service: Lanman
    >

    >client for ms networks is installed
    >file and print sharing is installed
    >server service is running
    >workstation service is running
    >rpc service is running
    >
    >I still get this error every time. I do not see a place to uninstall the
    >remote agent or remove the service to do a reinstall.
    >
    >here is a copy of the other error from the services window.
    >
    >Could not start the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 service
    >on local computer. Error 1075: or
    >has been marked for deletion.
    >

    >any help is much appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks