I keep getting the following message when trying to catalog a set of media:
"The media for sequence number 3 in this media family has not been inventoried.
No sets on this media may be cataloged."

I realize this means there is a catalog present on the media that starts
on a different media (tape), but is there any way to either identify which
tape the catalog belongs to or read the catalog anyway?

BTW, I've inventoried ALL media for this particular backup media set and
it's still giving me this message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(using Backup Exec Server Edition v8.6 Rev 3808 with Tape media)