Cannot backup PCs shared files without Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot backup PCs shared files without Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently able to backup 8 out of 10 PCs without using the Remote Agent (I am just backing up the shared directories and files). However, on two of the PCs I get the following error: Selection of this ...

  1. Cannot backup PCs shared files without Remote Agent

    I am currently able to backup 8 out of 10 PCs without using the Remote Agent
    (I am just backing up the shared directories and files). However, on two
    of the PCs I get the following error:

    Selection of this item is diabled. You are not authorized to access this
    item. A license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for WIndows Server is not
    installed on the machine or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible.

    Any ideas as to what they may be causing this error?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

  2. Re: Cannot backup PCs shared files without Remote Agent

    What OSs are you running on the remote machines?

    "Jeff Walzer" wrote in message

    > I am currently able to backup 8 out of 10 PCs without using the Remote

    Agent
    > (I am just backing up the shared directories and files). However, on two
    > of the PCs I get the following error:
    >
    > Selection of this item is diabled. You are not authorized to access this
    > item. A license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for WIndows Server is not
    > installed on the machine or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what they may be causing this error?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

  3. Re: Cannot backup PCs shared files without Remote Agent

    What OSs are you running on the remote machines?

    What version of BEWS?

    > I am currently able to backup 8 out of 10 PCs without using the Remote

    Agent
    > (I am just backing up the shared directories and files). However, on two
    > of the PCs I get the following error:
    >
    > Selection of this item is diabled. You are not authorized to access this
    > item. A license key for Backup Exec Remote Agent for WIndows Server is not
    > installed on the machine or the Remote Agent is old or incompatible.
    >
    > Any ideas as to what they may be causing this error?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

+ Reply to Thread