Hi,

We are currently looking at an issue for one of our customers who has BackupExec
9.0 4454 on their system, it is W2K Server and is on SP3. This is a networked
active directory system and it has no SQL or Exchange. It does not backup
any Remote machines although the Remote Agent is installed and enabled.

Once a System State has been backed up and verified the backup fails with

Backup set description: "Sys State Test"

Verify started on 12/2/2003 at 12:57:55 PM.
Verify completed on 12/2/2003 at 12:58:55 PM.

Verify Set Summary
Verified 1940 files in 131 directories.
0 files were different.
Processed 264,701,648 bytes in 1 minute and 0 seconds.
Throughput rate: 252 MB/min

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 at 12:58:55 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error code: a000fe30 HEX
Final error description: A communications failure has occurred.

Final error category: Server Errors

Errors
Backup - \\SERVERNAME\System?State The connection to target system has been
lost.

Backup set canceled.

I tied creating a new backup job, creating a new user with the correct groups
and permissions and using this for the credentials check, stopping and restarting
the services and it made no difference.

The system was still backing up its own System State, verifying it, and
then failing.

Please help!