Backing up Netware - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up Netware - Veritas Backup Exec ; I want to move my backup exec softwarefor Netware ver 8.5 off the Netware server that it runs on now and put a new version of Backup exec ver 9.1 on a windows machine, to take advantage of its advanced ...

  1. Backing up Netware

    I want to move my backup exec softwarefor Netware ver 8.5 off the Netware
    server that it runs on now and put a new version of Backup exec ver 9.1 on
    a windows machine, to take advantage of its advanced diagnostics and ease
    of use you get on windows.

    Can I do this and still back up all my netware servers from the windows machine,
    does ver 9.1 come with the appropriate agents to backup netware servers ?
    Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Backing up Netware

    You'll need to get the NetWare Remote Agent. This is what we do. Seems
    to work OK (though in our case we're backing up a cluster and the agent
    isn't really cluster aware - just not sure we can afford the 'right' way)

    Just make sure you select your volumes to backup using the 'Novell
    Storage Mgmt Services' branch - NOT the NetWare Services branch

    Our only problem with BE 9.0 on Windows with the NetWare agent is one of
    our volumes refuses to show up as a selection. SYS: and GROUPS: do.
    GROUPS: and USERS: were created identically so why USERS: won't show up,
    we have no idea.

    Mike

    Ivor Davies wrote:

    > I want to move my backup exec softwarefor Netware ver 8.5 off the Netware
    > server that it runs on now and put a new version of Backup exec ver 9.1 on
    > a windows machine, to take advantage of its advanced diagnostics and ease
    > of use you get on windows.
    >
    > Can I do this and still back up all my netware servers from the windows machine,
    > does ver 9.1 come with the appropriate agents to backup netware servers ?
    > Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread