How to increase transfer rate? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to increase transfer rate? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running v8.6 and my backup failed yesterday as it turned out it was asking for a cleaning tape. I ran a clean job in my single tape drive and put the tape in for last night backup. When ...

  1. How to increase transfer rate?

    I am running v8.6 and my backup failed yesterday as it turned out it was
    asking for a cleaning tape. I ran a clean job in my single tape drive and
    put the tape in for last night backup.

    When I came in this morning the backup was still running due to the fact the
    rate had decreased from around 200mb/min to 52mb/min.

    Does anyone have any idea what can cause the rate to decrease so much and
    how I can improve it?

  2. Re: How to increase transfer rate?

    I have no idea why running a cleaning tape would decrease throughput,
    but see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231488.htm for Veritas'
    transfer rate troubleshooting guide.

    Tracey wrote:

    >I am running v8.6 and my backup failed yesterday as it turned out it was
    >asking for a cleaning tape. I ran a clean job in my single tape drive and
    >put the tape in for last night backup.
    >
    >When I came in this morning the backup was still running due to the fact the
    >rate had decreased from around 200mb/min to 52mb/min.
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea what can cause the rate to decrease so much and
    >how I can improve it?

+ Reply to Thread