How to backup exchange2000 correct using exchange agent ?? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to backup exchange2000 correct using exchange agent ?? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have an Windows2000 server, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup exec 9.0 with Veritas Baxkup exec Exchange Agent. How do I backup Exchange 2000 correct ? Any whitepaper, technotes or...............? Any tips on Veritas web page ?...

  1. How to backup exchange2000 correct using exchange agent ??

    I have an Windows2000 server, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup exec 9.0 with
    Veritas Baxkup exec Exchange Agent.

    How do I backup Exchange 2000 correct ? Any whitepaper, technotes
    or...............? Any tips on Veritas web page ?

  2. Re: How to backup exchange2000 correct using exchange agent ??

    How about the Admin Guide?

    Basically -

    Install Exchange Admin on the Media server (if it is not the Exchange
    Server)
    Install the Remote Agent on the Exchange Server (if it is not the Exchange
    Server)
    Install the Exchange Agent
    Then, in the backup selections list, select the Stores. If you decide that
    you want to do individual mailbox backups, do them in addition to Stores
    backups, not instead of. Also see http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    for a discussion fo why you may not want to do them at all

    "Peter Jensen" wrote in message
    > I have an Windows2000 server, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup exec 9.0

    with
    > Veritas Baxkup exec Exchange Agent.
    >
    > How do I backup Exchange 2000 correct ? Any whitepaper, technotes
    > or...............? Any tips on Veritas web page ?

  3. Re: How to backup exchange2000 correct using exchange agent ??

    > I have an Windows2000 server, Exchange 2000 and Veritas Backup exec 9.0

    with
    > Veritas Baxkup exec Exchange Agent.
    >
    > How do I backup Exchange 2000 correct ? Any whitepaper, technotes
    > or...............? Any tips on Veritas web page ?

+ Reply to Thread