How to restore Exchange correctly - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to restore Exchange correctly - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello folks, im trying to recover a customers exchange server. Before its crash he was using ex2000, now it is ex2003. The customer even renamed the server, so its getting realy difficult. I realized a recover of each mailbox by ...

  1. How to restore Exchange correctly

    Hello folks,

    im trying to recover a customers exchange server. Before its crash he was
    using ex2000, now it is ex2003. The customer even renamed the server, so its
    getting realy difficult.

    I realized a recover of each mailbox by using the redirection option which
    worked great. The last missing part are the public folders. What is the
    correct way to realize an public recover from one exchange server to
    another? The existing tape backup was made with Backup Excec 9.0.

    Best regards
    Norbert Dregger

  2. Re: How to restore Exchange correctly

    I don't beleive that you can restore E2k backups to E3k3.

    You may need to blow away the current install and start Exhange recovery
    from scratch.

    "Norbert Dregger" wrote in message
    > Hello folks,
    >
    > im trying to recover a customers exchange server. Before its crash he was
    > using ex2000, now it is ex2003. The customer even renamed the server, so

    its
    > getting realy difficult.
    >
    > I realized a recover of each mailbox by using the redirection option which
    > worked great. The last missing part are the public folders. What is the
    > correct way to realize an public recover from one exchange server to
    > another? The existing tape backup was made with Backup Excec 9.0.
    >
    > Best regards
    > Norbert Dregger

  3. Re: How to restore Exchange correctly

    Hello Ken!

    And what about an temporary server? what do i have to realize a restore with
    an temporary server? do i have do restore the complet server or what would
    be the correct way?

    Norbert

    "ken putnam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I don't beleive that you can restore E2k backups to E3k3.
    >
    > You may need to blow away the current install and start Exhange recovery
    > from scratch.
    >

    > "Norbert Dregger" wrote in message
    > > Hello folks,
    > >
    > > im trying to recover a customers exchange server. Before its crash he

    was
    > > using ex2000, now it is ex2003. The customer even renamed the server, so

    > its
    > > getting realy difficult.
    > >
    > > I realized a recover of each mailbox by using the redirection option

    which
    > > worked great. The last missing part are the public folders. What is the
    > > correct way to realize an public recover from one exchange server to
    > > another? The existing tape backup was made with Backup Excec 9.0.
    > >
    > > Best regards
    > > Norbert Dregger

+ Reply to Thread