Import Message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Import Message - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello! Have a robotic tape library & have set amount of hours for tapes usage. One of the backups, from last friday, did not run, it is saying to "Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import ...

  1. Import Message

    Hello!

    Have a robotic tape library & have set amount of hours for tapes usage.
    One of the backups, from last friday, did not run, it is saying to "Please
    insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command".

    What specifically does this means?
    Never heard of an import command.

    Tha nks in advance!

    Angel

  2. Re: Import Message

    Never acutally used a library myself, but it sounds like none of the tapes
    in it are iin scratch status, so that you need to either swap magazines,
    or swap out (export) one of them and then import a scratch

    "Carlos" wrote:

    >Hello!
    >
    >Have a robotic tape library & have set amount of hours for tapes usage.
    >One of the backups, from last friday, did not run, it is saying to "Please
    >insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command".
    >
    >What specifically does this means?
    >Never heard of an import command.
    >
    >Tha nks in advance!
    >
    >Angel

  3. Re: Import Message

    Hi Carlos,

    The first media you are inserting itself need to be made a scratch media,

    by moving the media from the present media set to the scratch media set.
    Also check the Autoloader device drivers are properly installed and
    the Loader is not connected to a RAID Controller card.
    Check the latest firmware for the Loader is in place.

    I had a big battle during a similar issue. It was an IBM autoloader. Now
    its ok

    Bfn

    Sethu Mohan

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Never acutally used a library myself, but it sounds like none of the tapes
    >in it are iin scratch status, so that you need to either swap magazines,
    >or swap out (export) one of them and then import a scratch
    >
    >"Carlos" wrote:
    >>

    >>Hello!
    >>
    >>Have a robotic tape library & have set amount of hours for tapes usage.
    >>One of the backups, from last friday, did not run, it is saying to "Please
    >>insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command".
    >>
    >>What specifically does this means?
    >>Never heard of an import command.
    >>
    >>Tha nks in advance!
    >>
    >>Angel