Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 8.0 and am considering upgrading to 8.5. How about advantages of 9 over 8 or 8.5? Thanks. Chris --...

  1. Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5?

    --

  2. Re: Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5?

    IIRC, v8.5's main attraction was support for SQL2000 and Exchange2000

    You can load the base code for v8.5 over v8.0 with v8.0 licences, but can
    only support SQL v7 and Exchange 5.5, so v8.5 can be considered a patch
    update as long as you don't need the new agents.

    V9.0 includes backup to disk (first available in v8.6) and support for XP
    (also available in v8.6) and W2K3, as well as a truely useless redesign of
    the interface.

    "Chris Villanueva" wrote in message
    > I have 8.0 and am considering upgrading to 8.5.
    >
    > How about advantages of 9 over 8 or 8.5?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Chris
    > --

  3. Re: Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5?

    Hmm... Doesn't look like I could use those.

    Thanks, Ken. Appreciate the reply.

    "ken putnam" wrote in message
    > IIRC, v8.5's main attraction was support for SQL2000 and Exchange2000
    >
    > You can load the base code for v8.5 over v8.0 with v8.0 licences, but can
    > only support SQL v7 and Exchange 5.5, so v8.5 can be considered a patch
    > update as long as you don't need the new agents.
    >
    > V9.0 includes backup to disk (first available in v8.6) and support for XP
    > (also available in v8.6) and W2K3, as well as a truely useless redesign

    of
    > the interface.
    >
    > "Chris Villanueva" wrote in message
    > > I have 8.0 and am considering upgrading to 8.5.
    > >
    > > How about advantages of 9 over 8 or 8.5?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > > Chris
    > > --

  4. Re: Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5?

    hi chris,
    there are many advantages of upgrading from 8.x to 9.x, since 9.x has many
    advanced feature and is much more user friendly then previous versions of
    backup exec.
    james
    "Chris Villanueva" wrote:
    >I have 8.0 and am considering upgrading to 8.5.
    >
    >How about advantages of 9 over 8 or 8.5?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >Chris
    >--

  5. Re: Any advantages of upgrading from 8.0 to 8.5?

    Such as? Is there a link that explains?

    thanks

    "james" wrote in message news:3fb5dff2@ROSASTDMZ05....

    > hi chris,
    > there are many advantages of upgrading from 8.x to 9.x, since 9.x has many
    > advanced feature and is much more user friendly then previous versions of
    > backup exec.
    > james
    > "Chris Villanueva" wrote:
    > >I have 8.0 and am considering upgrading to 8.5.
    > >
    > >How about advantages of 9 over 8 or 8.5?
    > >
    > >Thanks.
    > >Chris
    > >--

+ Reply to Thread