bexec connecting to another server? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on bexec connecting to another server? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I've got bexec 8.50 rev 3571 on a win2k server w/ sp4 in one domain. I have a second win2k server w/ sp4 in another domain. Backup exec can connect and see the server, but the only way I ...

  1. bexec connecting to another server?

    Hello,

    I've got bexec 8.50 rev 3571 on a win2k server w/ sp4 in one domain. I
    have a second win2k server w/ sp4 in another domain. Backup exec can
    connect and see the server, but the only way I can back a folder up is if
    group everyone has read access to this folder. I have a trust setup and
    have given the user bexecserv from the backup exec server full access to the
    folders, but I can not see anything in them if the Group everyone is not
    applied to that folder. I don't recall what it's called but the remote
    client to connect to this 2nd server is installed. Is there any way to fix
    this?

    Thanks,
    Will

  2. Re: bexec connecting to another server?

    Kind of a kludge, as what you are trying to do SHOUILD work, but have you
    tried "Connecting As"as a user from the second domain
    "Will" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've got bexec 8.50 rev 3571 on a win2k server w/ sp4 in one domain.

    > have a second win2k server w/ sp4 in another domain. Backup exec can
    > connect and see the server, but the only way I can back a folder up is if
    > group everyone has read access to this folder. I have a trust setup and
    > have given the user bexecserv from the backup exec server full access to

    the
    > folders, but I can not see anything in them if the Group everyone is not
    > applied to that folder. I don't recall what it's called but the remote
    > client to connect to this 2nd server is installed. Is there any way to

    fix
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Will

  3. Re: bexec connecting to another server?

    Wow Ken, i haven't jumped on this newsgroup for 4 years, but I remember your
    name.
    Will, Ken is right, you might also want to try pass-through authentication
    by making sure you have the same backup user name and password in both domains.
    Also check the same username and password is setup to start the BENT services
    on the backup computer.
    That's all i'm good for.

    "ken putnam" wrote:
    >Kind of a kludge, as what you are trying to do SHOUILD work, but have you
    >tried "Connecting As"as a user from the second domain
    >"Will" wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I've got bexec 8.50 rev 3571 on a win2k server w/ sp4 in one domain.

    >> have a second win2k server w/ sp4 in another domain. Backup exec can
    >> connect and see the server, but the only way I can back a folder up is

    if
    >> group everyone has read access to this folder. I have a trust setup and
    >> have given the user bexecserv from the backup exec server full access

    >the
    >> folders, but I can not see anything in them if the Group everyone is not
    >> applied to that folder. I don't recall what it's called but the remote
    >> client to connect to this 2nd server is installed. Is there any way to

    >fix
    >> this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Will