Writer metadata error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Writer metadata error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi-- I have BE 9.0 installed and when a try to backup a windows 2003 "shadow copy" I get the following error and and the job fails at the end ************************************************** ** OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\server\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced Open File ...

  1. Writer metadata error

    Hi-- I have BE 9.0 installed and when a try to backup a windows 2003 "shadow
    copy" I get the following error and and the job fails at the end

    OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\server\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced
    Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffec9): A failure occurred accessing the Writer
    metadata.

    It does not backup anything in the showdow components..
    Please help..
    Thanks,
    Tom

  2. Re: Writer metadata error

    Tom, I've only got 2 suggestions that you might have already checked off your
    troubleshooting list;

    1a. make absolutely, positively sure you have the latest BE build installed
    for v9.0 (i think its build 4454, but you can double-check this).
    1b. make sure you also update the remote agents if you are backing up remote
    servers with BE.

    2. technote "http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/260752.htm" contains a
    solutions for a similar error message. Don't discard it because although
    we understand computers to be logical, the programs that run them are NOT!

    Good luck mate.

    "Tom" wrote:

    >Hi-- I have BE 9.0 installed and when a try to backup a windows 2003 "shadow
    >copy" I get the following error and and the job fails at the end
    >
    >************************************************** **
    >OFO: Initialization failure on: "\\server\Shadow?Copy?Components". Advanced
    >Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
    >OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffec9): A failure occurred accessing the Writer
    >metadata.
    >
    >It does not backup anything in the showdow components..
    >Please help..
    >Thanks,
    >Tom

+ Reply to Thread