How to restore the priv.edb & pub.edb files themselves without creating an exchange server. (Need Help) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to restore the priv.edb & pub.edb files themselves without creating an exchange server. (Need Help) - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Powercontrols edb exract utility and good exchange level backups in Backup Exec 9.0. Rather than restore the whole database, I want to restore the .edb files to a share on a server and then use Powecontrol to extract ...

  1. How to restore the priv.edb & pub.edb files themselves without creating an exchange server. (Need Help)

    I have Powercontrols edb exract utility and good exchange level backups in
    Backup Exec 9.0. Rather than restore the whole database, I want to restore
    the .edb files to a share on a server and then use Powecontrol to extract
    what data I need. How do I restore just the edb file? Do I have to create
    a duplicate Exchange restore server or can I just redirect the files and
    extract the data?

    Please help.

    Thanks.

    Jason

  2. Re: How to restore the priv.edb & pub.edb files themselves without creating an exchange server. (Need Help)

    "JasonB" wrote:

    >I have Powercontrols edb exract utility and good exchange level backups

    in
    >Backup Exec 9.0. Rather than restore the whole database, I want to restore
    >the .edb files to a share on a server and then use Powecontrol to extract
    >what data I need. How do I restore just the edb file? Do I have to create
    >a duplicate Exchange restore server or can I just redirect the files and
    >extract the data?
    >
    >Please help.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Jason

    Hi Jason,

    I think u r using Exchange 5.5 ver and I suggest u that if you want to redirect
    the edb files, u need to take flat file backup i.e. exchange server folder
    and before u stop the services.

    Cheers,

    Mash

+ Reply to Thread