attachment data mailbox backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on attachment data mailbox backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running E2K, W2K with Backup Exec 9.0. I am doing a backup of the information store, which is working fine and a backup of the mailboxes in another job. The mailbox backup gives me the following error: Warning: ...

  1. attachment data mailbox backup

    I am running E2K, W2K with Backup Exec 9.0.
    I am doing a backup of the information store, which is working fine and a
    backup of the mailboxes in another job. The mailbox backup gives me the following
    error:

    Warning: Unable to backup the attachment data associated with one or more
    messages. Some messages and their attachments may have been deleted while
    the backup was already in progress.

    This happens since a few months. Before, this was not the case. What worries
    me is that through the information store backup, I backup 28 Gb, and through
    the mailbox backup only 10 Gb. This should be about the same, I think??
    Am i losing attachment data? All the mailboxes and messages seem to be there,
    as before.

    I also get the following error, which cannot be found on the veritas-site:

    Job ended: Saturday, November 08, 2003 at 3:39:43 AM
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: a000feab HEX
    Final error description: Corrupt data encountered - See job log for details.

    Final error category: Resource Errors

    Best greetings,

    Luc Vandromme

  2. Re: attachment data mailbox backup

    hi ,
    backup 9.0 has a feature called "sis"i.e single instance storage,due to which
    if 10 mailboxes are having same attachments ,they are backed up only once
    .so u need not worry even if u r backup of mailboxes do not match with
    actual figure.
    and about backing of mailboxes ,initially u take backup of mailboxes and
    then the information store , so in case there some modifications they will
    be backed up.do not try to take backup of is and mailboxes simultaneously.i
    hope u dont have any problem i attaching to mailbox while backing up,if there
    is any such issue that may be creating a problem as well.
    "Luc Vandromme" wrote:

    >I am running E2K, W2K with Backup Exec 9.0.
    >I am doing a backup of the information store, which is working fine and

    >backup of the mailboxes in another job. The mailbox backup gives me the

    following
    >error:
    >
    >Warning: Unable to backup the attachment data associated with one or more
    >messages. Some messages and their attachments may have been deleted while
    >the backup was already in progress.
    >
    >This happens since a few months. Before, this was not the case. What worries
    >me is that through the information store backup, I backup 28 Gb, and through
    >the mailbox backup only 10 Gb. This should be about the same, I think??
    >Am i losing attachment data? All the mailboxes and messages seem to be there,
    >as before.
    >
    >I also get the following error, which cannot be found on the veritas-site:
    >
    >Job ended: Saturday, November 08, 2003 at 3:39:43 AM
    >Completed status: Failed
    >Final error code: a000feab HEX
    >Final error description: Corrupt data encountered - See job log for details.
    >
    >Final error category: Resource Errors
    >

    >Best greetings,
    >
    >Luc Vandromme

  3. Re: attachment data mailbox backup

    Hello,

    Thank you for your reply. Initially, the "sis" feature was not set, and the
    result in size of the mailboxbackup was about the same. So, I am not sure
    this can explain the huge difference between mailbox backup and information
    store backup.
    I only learnt about the existance of this feature last week on the Veritas-site.
    First, I do an information store backup, and only after this one has finished,
    the mailbox backup is executed.
    I believe the occurrence of the "problem" more ore less coincides with the
    installation of Backup Excec 9.0 4 months ago, updating from 8.6.

    Best greetings,

    Luc Vandromme

    "jelo" wrote:

    >hi ,
    >backup 9.0 has a feature called "sis"i.e single instance storage,due to

    which
    >if 10 mailboxes are having same attachments ,they are backed up only

    once
    >.so u need not worry even if u r backup of mailboxes do not match with
    >actual figure.
    >and about backing of mailboxes ,initially u take backup of mailboxes and
    >then the information store , so in case there some modifications they will
    >be backed up.do not try to take backup of is and mailboxes simultaneously.i
    >hope u dont have any problem i attaching to mailbox while backing up,if

    there
    >is any such issue that may be creating a problem as well.
    >"Luc Vandromme" wrote:
    >>
    >>I am running E2K, W2K with Backup Exec 9.0.
    >>I am doing a backup of the information store, which is working fine and

    >>backup of the mailboxes in another job. The mailbox backup gives me the

    >following
    >>error:
    >>
    >>Warning: Unable to backup the attachment data associated with one or more
    >>messages. Some messages and their attachments may have been deleted while
    >>the backup was already in progress.
    >>
    >>This happens since a few months. Before, this was not the case. What worries
    >>me is that through the information store backup, I backup 28 Gb, and through
    >>the mailbox backup only 10 Gb. This should be about the same, I think??
    >>Am i losing attachment data? All the mailboxes and messages seem to be

    there,
    >>as before.
    >>
    >>I also get the following error, which cannot be found on the veritas-site:
    >>
    >>Job ended: Saturday, November 08, 2003 at 3:39:43 AM
    >>Completed status: Failed
    >>Final error code: a000feab HEX
    >>Final error description: Corrupt data encountered - See job log for details.
    >>
    >>Final error category: Resource Errors
    >>

    >>Best greetings,
    >>
    >>Luc Vandromme

+ Reply to Thread