Error copying the machine specific IDR information problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error copying the machine specific IDR information problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ok I keep getting this error at a customers site and it's driving us crazy... using W2k with 8.6. We get this error on 2-3 jobs out of 30 that run every night. Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster ...

  1. Error copying the machine specific IDR information problem

    Ok I keep getting this error at a customers site and it's driving us
    crazy...

    using W2k with 8.6.

    We get this error on 2-3 jobs out of 30 that run every night.

    Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery
    information
    to alternate data path \\server\BackupExec\NT\idr\Data\. The path
    could not be found.^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Funny problem is the path exists, it was fine on the previous job and
    the following jobs.

    I only get it on one of the two drives being backed up most if the
    time so It also DOES copy the file there (Not sure if it's updated
    properly though). I also every once in a rare while get it it say's
    this for BOTH drives.

    So how do I get it from tagging the job as failed and not copying it
    when it does do it.

  2. Re: Error copying the machine specific IDR information problem

    Just a workaround while you're trying to sort this out: What about excluding
    this subdir from the backup? Then you won't get the error.

    When I first installed 9.0, I encountered errors like this that were
    generated by the system being unable to attach to certain directories. It
    was a permissions issue, and it was necessary to explicitly give BEWS
    permission to attach to those dirs. Shouldn't have been necessary, but it
    was. Anyway, I got most of the problem cleared up doing this, except for one
    subdir, which was unnecessary to backup and which I simply excluded from the
    backup. I'm sorry, but I don't remember the reference number. If you search
    the Veritas Knowledge base under "attach," you might find the reference.

    GaryK

    "Please help...." wrote in message
    > Ok I keep getting this error at a customers site and it's driving us
    > crazy...
    >
    > using W2k with 8.6.
    >

    > We get this error on 2-3 jobs out of 30 that run every night.
    >
    > Error copying the machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery
    > information
    > to alternate data path \\server\BackupExec\NT\idr\Data\. The path
    > could not be found.^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > Funny problem is the path exists, it was fine on the previous job and
    > the following jobs.
    >
    > I only get it on one of the two drives being backed up most if the
    > time so It also DOES copy the file there (Not sure if it's updated
    > properly though). I also every once in a rare while get it it say's
    > this for BOTH drives.
    >
    > So how do I get it from tagging the job as failed and not copying it
    > when it does do it.

  3. Re: Error copying the machine specific IDR information problem

    The the server and directory the remote one is one is the last one in
    the series being backed up so that's not it.

    Didn't think of that angle though.

    "Gary Karasik" wrote:

    >Just a workaround while you're trying to sort this out: What about excluding
    >this subdir from the backup

+ Reply to Thread