Backups fail at different stages. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backups fail at different stages. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am backing up several compaq servers with a total of about 128Gb to a Quantum 1500 tape library. every backup fails but with Completed status: Failed Final error code: 00000017 HEX Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). ...

  1. Backups fail at different stages.

    I am backing up several compaq servers with a total of about 128Gb to a Quantum
    1500 tape library. every backup fails but with

    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: 00000017 HEX
    Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

    This bombs out the whole backup, sometimes at 5gb sometimes at 80Gb

    The robot is at SCS ID 5 and drives are at SCSI ID 6 and 7

    I have tried all the sugestions and Tech tips I can find but nothing has
    helped.

    Any ideas.......

  2. Re: Backups fail at different stages.

    Check you system log - do you have Event ID 5, 7,9, or 11's

    "Simon" wrote:

    >I am backing up several compaq servers with a total of about 128Gb to a

    Quantum
    >1500 tape library. every backup fails but with
    >
    >Completed status: Failed
    >Final error code: 00000017 HEX
    >Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    >
    >This bombs out the whole backup, sometimes at 5gb sometimes at 80Gb
    >
    >The robot is at SCS ID 5 and drives are at SCSI ID 6 and 7
    >
    >I have tried all the sugestions and Tech tips I can find but nothing has
    >helped.
    >
    >Any ideas.......

+ Reply to Thread