Using Bent 8.6 w/o Remote Agent and having backup not give status of Failed - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Using Bent 8.6 w/o Remote Agent and having backup not give status of Failed - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using BENT 8.6 to backup clients on my network without using the Remote Agent (just a standard backup). Is there a way to have the backup job complete without the status showing "Failed" and creating a new job in ...

  1. Using Bent 8.6 w/o Remote Agent and having backup not give status of Failed

    I'm using BENT 8.6 to backup clients on my network without using the Remote
    Agent (just a standard backup). Is there a way to have the backup job complete
    without the status showing "Failed" and creating a new job in "Hold" status.

    I am aware that because I am not using the Remote Agent, it will cause the
    job to appear as failed with the "Unable to initialize Remote Agent" message
    in the log.

  2. Re: Using Bent 8.6 w/o Remote Agent and having backup not give status of Failed

    Nope.

    If you create recurring jobs rather than one-time jobs, the job will just
    reschedule for the next scheduled time.

    "ivan" wrote in message

    > I'm using BENT 8.6 to backup clients on my network without using the

    Remote
    > Agent (just a standard backup). Is there a way to have the backup job

    complete
    > without the status showing "Failed" and creating a new job in "Hold"

    status.

    > I am aware that because I am not using the Remote Agent, it will cause the
    > job to appear as failed with the "Unable to initialize Remote Agent"

    message
    > in the log.

+ Reply to Thread