Access denied backup or restore to - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access denied backup or restore to - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I need help. Everything was working fine until our security team messed up one of our servers. Backup Exec can still backup that particular server as a daily job without a problem. The issue is if i use ...

  1. Access denied backup or restore to

    Hi all,
    I need help. Everything was working fine until our security team messed up
    one of our servers. Backup Exec can still backup that particular server as
    a daily job without a problem. The issue is if i use the GUI to create a
    new backup job and then select that particular server to browse the contents
    i get the access denied message. I can create a job using the text format
    and that works but i want the ability to use the GUI. For file redirection
    if i picked that server as the destination i get the same access denied error
    message. We are on BE 9.0 win2k across the board. I checked everything in
    the security settings and the service account is in the administrators group
    every other server works fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

  2. Re: Access denied backup or restore to

    Check :
    1. network logon account
    else try:
    1. User-defined selection

    "Ron Jeremy" wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >I need help. Everything was working fine until our security team messed

    up
    >one of our servers. Backup Exec can still backup that particular server

    as
    >a daily job without a problem. The issue is if i use the GUI to create a
    >new backup job and then select that particular server to browse the contents
    >i get the access denied message. I can create a job using the text format
    >and that works but i want the ability to use the GUI. For file redirection
    >if i picked that server as the destination i get the same access denied

    error
    >message. We are on BE 9.0 win2k across the board. I checked everything in
    >the security settings and the service account is in the administrators group
    >every other server works fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread