CRC error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CRC error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am running BackupExecx 9.0 build 4454. I continually get the error message below: Job ended: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 9:03:02 AM Completed status: Failed Final error code: 00000017 HEX Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Final ...

  1. CRC error

    I am running BackupExecx 9.0 build 4454. I continually get the error message
    below:
    Job ended: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 9:03:02 AM
    Completed status: Failed
    Final error code: 00000017 HEX
    Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

    Final error category: Other Errors
    I am running a win2k server, with a IBM ULTRIUM-TD2. The OS is fully
    patched. Any ideas?

  2. Re: CRC error

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm for the Veritas CRC
    error troubleshooting guide

    "ChrisB" wrote in message news:3fa9243e@ROSASTDMZ05....
    > I am running BackupExecx 9.0 build 4454. I continually get the error

    message
    > below:
    > Job ended: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 9:03:02 AM
    > Completed status: Failed
    > Final error code: 00000017 HEX
    > Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    >
    > Final error category: Other Errors
    > I am running a win2k server, with a IBM ULTRIUM-TD2. The OS is fully
    > patched. Any ideas?

  3. Re: CRC error

    I think i have it figured out. I ran the same jobs with an IBM tape and they
    were succesful. I was using Maxell tapes.

    > > I am running BackupExecx 9.0 build 4454. I continually get the error

    > message
    > > below:
    > > Job ended: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 at 9:03:02 AM
    > > Completed status: Failed
    > > Final error code: 00000017 HEX
    > > Final error description: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
    > >
    > > Final error category: Other Errors
    > > I am running a win2k server, with a IBM ULTRIUM-TD2. The OS is fully
    > > patched. Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread