Slow on remote c: drive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Slow on remote c: drive - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have one server that backs up remote servers. On 2 of the remote servers (just data servers), the C: drive is extremely slow to back up 26MB/min, but the D: drive is very fast (500MB/min). The drives are in ...

  1. Slow on remote c: drive

    I have one server that backs up remote servers. On 2 of the remote servers
    (just data servers), the C: drive is extremely slow to back up 26MB/min,
    but the D: drive is very fast (500MB/min). The drives are in the same hardware
    raid5 array, partitioned through the OS, so there is no hardware reason for
    the difference. Also, the C: drive has less that 2GB contents while the D:
    has over 50GB of user home directories, so the files are all chopped up.
    C: needs no defragmentation. NIC settings are correct at every juncture.
    What could cause such disparity? Thanks

  2. Re: Slow on remote c: drive

    >I have one server that backs up remote servers. On 2 of the remote servers
    >(just data servers), the C: drive is extremely slow to back up 26MB/min,
    >but the D: drive is very fast (500MB/min).

    Just an idea: Maybe you are using OFO and your OFO file is on drive C: ?

+ Reply to Thread