I had nothing but trouble trying to install Hotfixes for BackupExec 9.0. No
matter what I did, I got 'Setup failed to configure the server' notification
with no error indicated in the setup log. I tried everything posted on the
support site and this newsgroup, reinstalled the Operating System (Win2K,
SP4) from scratch, even installed Win2003, but still got the error. I finally
ran the patches directly from the Update site (rather than first saving them
to disk) and that worked. Weird...
Hope this saves somebody some time and aggravation...
JW