Catalog sort order - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog sort order - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does anyone know if there is a way to sort the catalogs under the Restore tab in Backup Exec 9.0? Our catalogues are spontaneously listed in our catalog pool, which makes restoring files very difficult and time consuming. Veritas says ...

  1. Catalog sort order

    Does anyone know if there is a way to sort the catalogs under the Restore
    tab in Backup Exec 9.0?

    Our catalogues are spontaneously listed in our catalog pool, which makes
    restoring files very difficult and time consuming.

    Veritas says this should work, but it most certainly doesn't. When we click
    the Sort tab or button, nothing changes.

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Catalog sort order

    Moin Jared,

    You can only sort the catalogs on the LEFT window.
    In the rigth window I DID NOT understand the sorting order like you.

    Hope that help
    Rainer

    "Jared Olson" wrote:

    >Does anyone know if there is a way to sort the catalogs under the Restore
    >tab in Backup Exec 9.0?
    >
    >Our catalogues are spontaneously listed in our catalog pool, which makes
    >restoring files very difficult and time consuming.
    >
    >Veritas says this should work, but it most certainly doesn't. When we click
    >the Sort tab or button, nothing changes.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  3. Re: Catalog sort order

    Rainer,

    I'm sorry I didn't clarify. Here's what we would like to do with our catalogs:
    we would like the catalogs to be organised based on the media set (i.e.,
    Weekly Full Backup). However, our catalogs are displayed spontaneously (i.e.,
    Weekly Fulls are mixed with Mail and Purge backups, etc.).

    Is there a way to list our Weekly Full catalogs with the Weekly Full catalogs
    and the Mail catalogs with the Mail catalogs?

    Does this help you understand?

    - Jared

    "Rainer Schumacher" wrote:

    >Moin Jared,
    >
    >You can only sort the catalogs on the LEFT window.
    >In the rigth window I DID NOT understand the sorting order like you.
    >
    >Hope that help
    >Rainer
    >
    >"Jared Olson" wrote:
    >>
    >>Does anyone know if there is a way to sort the catalogs under the Restore
    >>tab in Backup Exec 9.0?
    >>
    >>Our catalogues are spontaneously listed in our catalog pool, which makes
    >>restoring files very difficult and time consuming.
    >>
    >>Veritas says this should work, but it most certainly doesn't. When we

    click
    >>the Sort tab or button, nothing changes.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread