Tape ejects and says loading media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape ejects and says loading media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc). I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays. This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the job just said "loading ...

  1. Tape ejects and says loading media

    Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc).

    I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays.
    This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the
    job just said "loading media". There is no error associated with this problem,
    it just says loading media. When you try and reload the media, the same thing
    eventually happens (it ejects the tape and is still trying to load it).

    I had this problem once before and it was a setting somewhere that I had
    to change. For the life of me I can't remember where it was.

  2. Re: Tape ejects and says loading media

    Heather, I have the same exact problem. Job fails, alert says "Loading Media"
    and the job runs for hours. I haven't been able to fix it either.

    "Heather" wrote:

    >Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc).
    >
    >I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays.
    >This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the
    >job just said "loading media". There is no error associated with this problem,
    >it just says loading media. When you try and reload the media, the same

    thing
    >eventually happens (it ejects the tape and is still trying to load it).
    >
    >I had this problem once before and it was a setting somewhere that I had
    >to change. For the life of me I can't remember where it was.

  3. Re: Tape ejects and says loading media

    Sounds like one of two situations:

    1) you have filled the tape, and BEWS is just asking for a scratch volume

    2) the tape that is mounted is not a scratch volume, and again, BEWS is
    asking for one

    "Heather" wrote:

    >Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc).
    >
    >I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays.
    >This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the
    >job just said "loading media". There is no error associated with this problem,
    >it just says loading media. When you try and reload the media, the same

    thing
    >eventually happens (it ejects the tape and is still trying to load it).
    >
    >I had this problem once befo

    re and it was a setting somewhere that I had
    >to change. For the life of me I can't remember where it was.

  4. Re: Tape ejects and says loading media

    That's not the case. I found out the problem.
    It has to do with some prompts and how they are not visible. i had to turn
    them off (again). They seem to 'forget" every few months.

    "Ken Putnam" wrote:

    >Sounds like one of two situations:
    >
    >1) you have filled the tape, and BEWS is just asking for a scratch volume
    >
    >2) the tape that is mounted is not a scratch volume, and again, BEWS is
    >asking for one
    >
    >"Heather" wrote:
    >>
    >>Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc).
    >>
    >>I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays.
    >>This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the
    >>job just said "loading media". There is no error associated with this problem,
    >>it just says loading media. When you try and reload the media, the same

    >thing
    >>eventually happens (it ejects the tape and is still trying to load it).
    >>
    >>I had this problem once befo

    >re and it was a setting somewhere that I had
    >>to change. For the life of me I can't remember where it was.

  5. Re: Tape ejects and says loading media

    Out of interest, which options did you adjust Heather?
    This could be very useful as I've noticed something similar happen on one
    of our servers recently.

    "heather" wrote:

    >That's not the case. I found out the problem.
    > It has to do with some prompts and how they are not visible. i had to turn
    >them off (again). They seem to 'forget" every few months.
    >

    >"Ken Putnam" wrote:
    >>
    >>Sounds like one of two situations:
    >>
    >>1) you have filled the tape, and BEWS is just asking for a scratch volume
    >>
    >>2) the tape that is mounted is not a scratch volume, and again, BEWS is
    >>asking for one
    >>
    >>"Heather" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Windows 2000 server with Backup Exec version 9 (latest pathes etc).
    >>>
    >>>I have a full backup scheduled to run on Fridays.
    >>>This morning, I came in and found that the tape had been ejected and the
    >>>job just said "loading media". There is no error associated with this

    problem,
    >>>it just says loading media. When you try and reload the media, the same

    >>thing
    >>>eventually happens (it ejects the tape and is still trying to load it).
    >>>
    >>>I had this problem once befo

    >>re and it was a setting somewhere that I had
    >>>to change. For the life of me I can't remember where it was.

+ Reply to Thread